Sunday, May 12, 2013

Reflections on Mother's Day




 Mom

Today is Mother’s Day and it has been about a year and a half since Mom passed away.   I love this picture of her smiling and laughing.  It was taken at her 90th birthday party.  Doesn’t she look terrific?  It is hard to believe that she left us just a couple of years after this was taken.  I was sure she would or could live to be 100 years old or more.  She seemed indestructible. 

Mom was so talented artistically.  She made wonderful pet portraits in pastels and Christmas windows with scenes from the late 1800s.  She handcrafted decorations, was an accomplished knitter, a wonderful cook and an excellent seamstress making most of my clothes during the years I was in school.  She was gracious and friendly to all.  I miss her and think loving thoughts of her often but perhaps especially on this day that is reserved for thinking of mothers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment