Thursday, April 5, 2012

Postcard Thursday bonus

Provence, France, watercolor

Several years ago Else Marie Roland sent me this watercolor card of a rural scene in Provence, France. It is difficult to read the artist's name written in the lower right corner but I think it is signed as M. Jacques or M. Jacquey. The title in the lower left corner looks like Un Mas en Provence but once again it is difficult to make out the letters. I have had it in a little frame ever since she sent it to me.

Else Marie lived nine years in France most of that time in Provence and loved it. Mrs. Gimlet and I will only have just a couple of short days to enjoy Provence but I wanted to share this card and my great affection for Else Marie who has since passed away. She was a wonderful woman who lived life to the fullest. We corresponded by letter for many years but never met in person. Else Marie was one of the grandchildren of Marie Mikalsdatter Hornnes.

This is also a test to see if I can pre-load a post and then publish it from an iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment