Sunday, December 4, 2011

'Tis the season, Cookies, 1






Every year I bake several different cookies so these cookie posts are mostly for my children if they want the recipes to the cookies they like to eat at this time of year. Most of my cookies don’t look very fancy but they taste scrumptious (even if I do say so myself). These cookie posts are my gift to you. The first one I am sharing is a modified version of a recipe that is found in the McCall’s Cook Book from 1963, p 177. I changed a couple of things so here is my version—

Brown Sugar Shortbread Stars

Preheat oven to 300℉
Makes about 5 dozen cookies

1 cup soft butter (2 sticks)
½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 ½ cups flour
Chocolate chips

1. Beat the sugar and butter with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy
2. Using the wooden spoon stir in the flour to get it started then use your hands to work the dough into a ball
3. Break the dough into smaller workable pieces and on a lightly floured surface roll out the dough




4. Cut with star shaped cookie cutter



5. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and put a chocolate chip in the center of each star. You should be able to get 12 or 15 cookies on each sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and toasty brown color


No comments:

Post a Comment